Lightning talks are short talks/presentations that last no more than 10 minutes. This is a good opportunity to introduce a new project or tool perhaps to get some experience with presenting without having to go to a full talk. At the Sysadmin Miniconf it is planned that there will be at least half an hour of lightning talk sessions.
It is intended that the range of topics for lightning talks is broader than for full level talk
Information about Lightning Talks
If in doubt about anything here, please ask.
Please register your proposals for lightning talks normally as with other talks. You should provide a topic name, short abstract ( or description) and the length you require.
Depending on the schedule we may be able to accept talks after the deadline (especially if they are for late-breaking topics), however talks submitted before the deadline will normally be given priority.
Slides are purely optional.
To reduce delays switching from speaker to speaker slide presentations will be loaded on a single machine which all presenters will use.
- Slides should be in PDF or Microsoft PowerPoint format. Other formats may not be supported by the machine available.
- Slides should be given to the session organiser well before the session.
Giving the talk
- Please contact the Lightning talk organiser well before the session to confirm you are ready to give your talk.
- You should be ready to stand up an give your talk as soon as the previous speaker's time runs out.
- You will be given a warning when you have one minute left in your allocated time.
- When your time finishes your should stop speaking immediately to allow the next speaker to begin their talk.