Call for Presentations
Call for PresentationsLinux.conf.au 2018 Systems Administration Miniconf
Presentation TopicsWe welcome talks on best current practice, new developments in Systems Administration, cutting edge techniques and technologies, and ways to better manage Linux environments large and small. Topics for presentations could include (but are not limited to):
- Systems Administration Best Practice
- Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- Containers and orchestration
- Sysadmin Administration in a "serverless" environment (FAAS)
- TLS everywhere
- Monitoring and metrics. Collection, storage and presentation
- Infrastructure/Platform/Software as a Service (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
- Networkng: IPv6, SDN (Software Defined Networking), performance
- DevOps, Configuration Management and provisioning
- Bootstrapping systems, Lifecycle Management
- Dealing with BYOD
- Backups in a virtual/distributed world
- Troubleshooting techniques
- DevOps and SysAdmin Culture
- Web and Email management
- Keeping legacy systems functioning
- War stories from the "Real World"
Format of PresentationsWe are now seeking proposals for presentations at the mini-conference. We have openings for:
- 15-25 minute short presentations
- 5-10 minute "lightning talks"
Submitting talksPlease note that in order to give a presentation or attend the Miniconf you must be registered (and paid up by the time the conference happens) for the main linux.conf.au conference. Presenting at the Miniconf does not entitle you to discounted or free registration at the main conference nor to priority with registration. Unfortunately the Miniconf has no budget for sponsorship of speakers. To submit a talk to the LCA2018 Sysadmin Miniconf, create an account on the LCA2018 website:
create a speaker profile, and then select "New Proposal" and "System Administration Miniconf Presentation", or while logged into the LCA2018 site, go directly to:
https://rego.linux.conf.au/proposals/submit/sysadmin-miniconf/ If you have a preferred length of your Short Presentation (15/20/25 minutes) or Lightning Talk (5/10 minutes) please use the Private Abstract field to describe what would work best for your talk. Otherwise we will pick a length that best suits the gaps in the programme as we put the final programme together. In some cases we maybe able to add a few extra minutes to a few Short Presentations if there is any spare time left in the programme. Questions should be sent to: lca2018 @ sysadmin.miniconf.org
Dates and DeadlinesTo encourage early submissions, priority (both of inclusion and scheduling) will be given to presentations submitted by 23:59 UTC on the 5th of November 2017. If you have a good presentation idea, please let us know early, even if you need time to finalise the presentation abstract. Please indicate if you need an early confirmation to aid you in arranging time off work or travel; we will do our best to assist.
- 2017-11-05 - Deadline for early submissions
- 2017-12-03 - Deadline for submissions
- 2017-12-10 - Miniconf programme published
- 2018-01-22 - Sysadmin Miniconf held.